Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Stalwart Ladies of the Kingdom

As most anyone that knows me will tell you I love to make everything into a game-like Mary Poppins "In everything that must be done there is an element of fun-you find the fun and snap, the jobs a game."

I had the idea due to the popularity of Downton Abbey, to draw up some of the fascinating charecters that roam about in my head.

I also wanted to present them with a range of colouring ideas-SO starting with my UK ladies and then expanding out I created 3 teams with 4 people each and assigned an image and 4 colour assignmnts one for each designer-they didn't have to make a finished project just colour the image.

I hope you will enjoy meeting my Stalwart Ladies of the Kingdom:




Each lady had a backstory told in a simple sentence; one was shopping at Harrod's, one lunching at the Savoy and one attending a Covent Garden Opera Gala-when you visit my Etsy shoppe you will find other ladies (not always of the upper crust) who are having a holiday at Blackpool or lunching with the Vicar-all sorts of dressed up dames that I hope you will find as delightful as I did creating them-and wit till you see how the EDT has brought them out:

LADY ST JOHN SMYTHE shopping at Harrod's



HAZEL did these first two versions-one EDT member was unable to participate she Hazel volunteered to fill in for her..


I couldn't resist so I did one of each-mine are coloured in Prismacolour pencils.


Helen did this lovely Autumnal version.


Suzi and I were thinking close along the asme lines.


This was all great fun because each team knew that others were doing the same design and what colours had been assigned but the colour assignment was GREENS or ROSE and the accent colours were strictly up to the designer-also what techniques they would use-markers vs pencils-so everyone will see what the others did along with you.

The wonderful digital composition at the top of this post is from Sharon Sahl and sets the tone perfectly for LADY FELICITY HIGHRUMPLE and her luncheon at the Savoy Hotel.

This first design is also from Sharon:


Aletha did this lovely version in rose.


RSD


LADY B






And a lovely version from Alison:


Finally Diamante Fitzhugh a lady of the land flirting as she has for many seasons at the Opera Gala:

Miranda:


Nataliya did this fabulously sparkly version:


Monique:



Gloria in hard to do purples:


And finally my version in peach and pink;


I did want to add a few showing closeups of Nataliya and Hazel's projects:







Thanks to my EDT ladies for a wonderful job-I hope you all enjoy seeing this rainbow of design projects and get some inspiration from seeing so many diverse styles and approaches to colouring-I think it proves that Digis are versetile, fun and easy to use and that colouring is not mindless activity-a great deal goes into colouring images that are as detailed and intricate as these.







21 comments:

  1. Oh my! LOVE these!!! The images are fabulous and seeing everyone's ideas of how to add the color is just magnficient! What a wonderful artful arrangement! Enjoyed every bit of it! TFS! Hugz, ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow didn't we do well!! Love seeing the variety all together like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing EDT and Rick! And thanks so much, Rick,for giving us the assignment, and for letting us create with your amazing imagination! I will never tire creating with your digis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness!!!!! This is just super amazing to see Rainbow of colors. Grate coloring everyone!!!
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love what everyone else did they are brilliant Ladies, Love Them a,d can smell the Strong perfume they are all wearing. (its a must for them!!!) Love Hazel
    P.S I lurve Mary Poppins. My Best Friend calls me that cause she she says (I do stuff practically Perfect in Every Way!!!) Well I do try!!

    Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgoeus set of brittish ladies and all the different colors of clothing and bling are great! =)
    Nataliya's version looks like she would be swedish royal with those blue and yellow colors! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful display we have all created!
    Kudos to everyone for their diversified art styles and magical gifts of coloring! And to Rick, for his brilliant artistic vision and abilities. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! said in a very posh voice lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so much fun to see what everyone made of the images. They all are gorgeous. Mo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous creations from you all and coloured stunningly xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I'm blown away at the range of colors and how the different media worked here. Lovely, every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rick and the DT ladies, Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous new images and outstanding work! Love seeing the different colorways and media. Truy inspiring examples, everyone! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous images and fabulous creations by you and your DT! Loved seeing them. :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love the new images! Great ladies! And the examples from everybody are fabulous! Greetings, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I mean really WOWZERS!! All of these ladies are colored so well! So stunning all of you all did a great job! You all truly ROCK!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I mean really WOWZERS!! All of these ladies are colored so well! So stunning all of you all did a great job! You all truly ROCK!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! Absolutely stunning!! I loved looking at all these gorgeous ladies in there grandeur!.. the colours are all just perfect.. Nataliya's sparkly version is just stunning!! Lots of inspiration from you all..thank you!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated to keep the spammers (especially CHINA) off my blog....Thanks-word verification is off but I am on it...